Tuesday 17 January 2012

Tuesday 17/1/12

Hi
Bit of a dirty day today, onto my 3rd boiler suit and thrown away a sweat top, messy job this under sealing and sand blasting. I have managed to use all 3lts of Tetra Schultz doing the wings and all of the underside, there are a few touch up areas to do but mostly its all done. It may not be the prettiest job in tight to get at places but I can be sure its well protected.
Under-sealed
A few hours were spent in the blasting cabinet doing the springs and the brake drums, the springs have had a prime with plastic undercoat and so far 3 coats of paint.
I also bought 2 tins of stonechip and have re-sprayed the radiator and the drive shaft, I shall do the underside of the petrol tank tomorrow, basically anything that can get chipped will get a spray.
I have also been to the powder coaters and picked up my parts and again a lovely job done, cost £50.
Powder coated arms
The lower arms now have the new poly bushes fitted, next is to re-fit the springs then they can be bolted in position. First I need to go buy some stainless bolts and locknuts.
The lower arm bushes fit perfect into the arms, unfortunately they are to wide by 4mm. I have bought an attachment to convert my grinder into a chop saw and have a couple of thin cutting disks so I may have a go at chopping them. Nothing to lose as I can always go back to the void bush option.
Well it doesn't seem a lot done today but we are getting there.
See ya Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment