Monday 9 June 2014

Drivers Door Card

Hi

Managed to get some busy in until rain stopped play but it was mostly things we have looked at in the past so just really a progress report.
The door card was pretty straight forward as I knew what I was doing and the problem I had of finding the screw holes for the door lock was solved by lining up with rivets first to make location easier.
I managed to slacken off the passenger door locking mechanism and lined these holes up then screwed on the cover plate.

The cheek plate went in and I found out I had cut the rubber door seal about 20mm short, doubt anyone but me would notice.
I have fitted the ashtray but run out of the chrome screw cover so have ordered another pack.

Strange thing with the steering wheel in that I am sure it was a lot lighter when I bought it as I had the colour coding taken from it, lot darker than I remember it being. I still have a lot of the leather stain left so may try changing the colour.
I also got out the wash bucket and gave it its first clean since the paint job, I have kept it under cover but it had still picked up a lot of dirt.
The aerial went on to have a look, it is still to long for my tastes and shall try and trace a small bee sting.
Starting to look good and is ready for its MOT unfortunately as with every thing else in this house the log book has disappeared, looks like I shall have to fork out £25 for a new one then next week it will miraculously turn up.
I also remembered the rearview mirror, not that I can see much out of it but if I remember correctly there is a mod that can be done to get more rear vision.
Been round to the local garage and they are happy to set things up for me, I need tracking, head light alignment, clutch setup and engine set up and carb tuning plus of course the MOT so still lots to do.

See ya Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment