Monday 11 March 2013

Scuttle Fitted

Hi
I finally have the scuttle fitted, well its not screwed fully down yet but the bonnet stop bolts are tightened and everything fits so that's good enough for now.

I had expected to finish the scuttle sooner but un-beknown to me there is apparently a clause in my marriage vows that states that when your wife has taken a weeks leave you are not allowed to spend every waking minute on the car. So I have had to be a good husband and go shopping and walks etc, tonight we are off to have dinner and stop the night in a Castle in Northumberland so she's very happy.

The scuttle painted up quite well and for a change I am quite pleased with the Hamerite finish.

I spent some time time yesterday cleaning the under bonnet parts up and painting them black to keep in theme with the engine.

I have spent this morning getting everything fitted in place, the biggest worry was that the hole for the drive pipe would be in the wrong position, it wouldn't need to be out much and the wiper drive would miss the upper hole. Which would cause a bit of a problem as the pipe would be either to long or short, getting new pipe would be easy enough but I don't have a flaring tool for the pipe end. No problem, it fit perfect and I have fitted one of the drives in place to make sure, I still need to fit a grommet around the pipe but where I have put them I ain't got a clue also the bar that fits in front of the air scoop has decided to go into hiding but I am sure it will turn up when I am not looking for it.

That's that mostly finished and I am quite pleased with the outcome, it looks better up close so I have made a video of the scuttle in place and also progress on the wings and steps.
See ya Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment