Tuesday 9 August 2011

Tuesday 9/8/2011

Hi
Last day to work on the car before I go back to work, 0930 flight tomorrow then 3 weeks, pleased for the rest.

I have given the remaining caliper and spring a couple of coats of red and they are looking very nice.
Spring and caliper in red finery
The rest of the day has been sandblasting, boy did this take some work. I have 4 different sandblasting guns from homemade for around £20 to my £250 sand carver from the states but the biggest tip is the homemade tungsten tipped one at only 3mm so it takes a lot of effort and a lot of air. Had to stop quite a few times for coffee and to let the compressor cool down.
Sub frame almost finished.
I had taken most of the paint and rust off yesterday with the electric tools so really this was just cleaning up and getting into all of those inaccessible places, still took over 4hrs.
Once all done I gave it a good coating of primer. Once all painted I shall get a wax oil spray gun and get right into those awkward places.
Primed sub frame
I have not decided yet on the best paint to finish with, as this section (without the spoiler) will take all of the weather / stones etc so I need something really tough. Any suggestions?

Well that's all for now, be back on it in 3.

See ya

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment