Monday 8 August 2011

Monday 8/8/2011

Hi All
It's get dirty day today, don't know why I bothered showering this morning.

First off I blasted the last wishbone and started fitting the rest of the ball joints to the suspension arms I drilled out the rivets yesterday.
I have photographed the part numbers in case anyone needs them.
Upper wishbones with new ball joints
Offside lower with new ball joint
Upper joint number
Lower joint number

Now for the dirty job, I started sandblasting the subframe but quickly realised it was to big a job for my small equipment so first I got out the grinder with wire brush end and flap disc and set to it. I then brought out the drill with different wire brush tips and then the air driven finger sander. There are so many nooks and crannies to this thing that is is virtually impossible to get at it all. I have around 90% clean and will get it in the booth tomorrow to try and get inside the hidden parts. Last day tomorrow then back to sea for 3 weeks.
Subframe mostly cleaned
I am now clean after a good scrub in the shower unfortunately the shed is in a bad state. It can wait.
See ya
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment