Tuesday 3 September 2013

Headlights

Hi
Not had much time to get things done as Lynne has taken another week from her leave as I will be going away for a while, but of course I still managed to get some time in.

So I thought a little update.

Its been mostly little jobs I have managed to do, the first was the grill.

This was damaged in a number of places and I had already fixed a few but the main ones where on the securing arms, these had partial cracks in the joins and no doubt would not have lasted long.
So I had a piece of thin stainless to make up new brackets.
I made up one for each side and trimmed up the edges before securing in place with double sided tape, very secure now.
Before the finish fit of the grill and the Panther badge I machine polished all around the front of the car and waxed everything.

I was also a bit doubtful of the colour coding of the overriders, they just didn't look right, so out with a tin of satin black. I gave them 3 coats of paint and 3 coats of lacquer before getting out the polishing machine and the wax.
I have also received the mirror screw covers, I was going to buy the screw-on caps then found a type that are just the caps minus the screws that can fit on any screw so I bought a pack of 20 of these and hopefully the chrome finish will not rub off when washed.

I have spent most of today trying to sort out the electrics, the 2 pin waterproof connectors arrived and they are very good but a little too fiddly for me. So I went to the local car electric shop and bought a load of nipple type connectors much the same as the Lucas type fitted to the car, just put the wire ends in and crimp, much easier. I shall use the 2 pin type when I am not sitting under a car.
I have managed to get the headlights and the driving lights wired up, Firstly I carried on with the machine polish and waxed before fully fitting the headlights.
I have wired up the dipped lights as normal and the main beams have been wired up with the driving lights.
I have had a go at getting the indicators and the sidelights working but no joy at the moment so I have had a word with the electrician at the paint shop and he is coming around tomorrow after work to sort them, no doubt its an earthing issue but he said no problem.

So not much done, I have lots of little jobs I can be getting on with when I am allowed to play so shall get on with them.

see ya Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment