Thursday 1 August 2013

Dash

Hi
Out all morning and have managed a couple of hours in this afternoon.
Luckily I got home for the mail as the new Voltmeter arrived so I got on finishing off the passenger side of the dash.
Apparently it is out of an old Porsche 924, this is the nearest I'll get to owning a Porsche. I masked off the backing and marked the centre line to position the radio, I would have liked to have it in the centre with the dials to either side but the windscreen vent pipe would have been in the way so I had to try and position to avoid this.
So I moved the radio to nearer the driver and the two gauges for the passenger to read. The dash tapers down towards the end so I had to alter my centre line to suit the further to the end I got.
I drilled out and sanded the two large holes and used a sharp craft knife to cut out the oblong and for a change everything fit great.
I was going to cut the dental inlay to go around the radio, inlaid into the veneer but I forgot, so tomorrow I shall look to see what it is like placed on top of the veneer as a surround to the radio, should still look good.
I stuck the veneer to the substrate and again into the vacuum bag, it is now clamped up overnight and shall progress it in the morning.
I still had a bit of time before Lynne came in so I got out the mud flaps, these are in a bit of a state, no surprise there.
Nothing that can't be rescued, I have bought a tin of white rubber paint, I managed to get it cheaper than normal (£14) in an ebay auction but still had to pay £8 for it. I was going to try free hand but they are in a bit of a mess so I shall go to Halfords tomorrow and get a tin of black rubber paint.

They just need a good clean and a spray of black paint should hide the panther and make them look like new.
I still want the Panther painted in, so I managed to take a scan and transferred onto my program and created a new image.
So tomorrows job is to make the mud flaps look like they have just been bought, not a chance Ha Ha.

see ya Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment