Thursday 6 June 2013

Body Priming

Hi
We've had a lovely 3 day break in Yorkshire, we started in the East Riding of Yorkshire, an area we have not really spent any time other than driving through and it was beautiful.
We stopped off on the way at the village known on the television series Heartbeat as Aidensfield which of course is really called Goathland. Our destination was a lovely hotel called Rowley Manor in the village of Little Weighton, we arrived to find the place packed with mourners for a funeral and a great band playing, so after checking in it was on the lawn with a beer and joined the throng. It was the funeral of Trevor Bolder who was bass guitarist with David Bowie's band Spiders from Mars, Uriah Heap and Wishbone Ash.                                        R.I.P  Trevor
Now for the travel guide:
Lots of places to visit and we managed to get in two stately homes the first was Burton Agnes , great place for a day out with lots of history.
The next was Sledmere House, another lovely place to visit with the added benefit of the tour being guided.
We stopped two days in East Yorkshire before heading off to North Yorkshire, this is the area we know best and headed first to our favorite walk which is the 41/2 mile trek around Ingleton Falls.
This has got to be one of best walks in the UK, it is very rugged as it is mostly down in a gorge but well worth the effort as there are waterfalls around every turn, we have done it twice now and plan to go back next time in the area.
We stopped the night at The Angel Inn at Hetton and had a great meal and a lovely Garden room.

I am pleased to say the SLK is a fantastic car, I could have gone for the V6 model but I wanted to get some miles per gallon out of it so I bought the 200 model and once you put it in sport mode and put your foot down then you really feel the huge supercharger taking off. great car.

That's the plug for British tourism over, (and German cars).

As soon as I got home this afternoon I dropped of the luggage and went straight down to check out the Kallista, as planned it was all ready for me to put down the first coat's of primer.  All it needed for me to do was to blow it down and tack rag it ready, it had been checked over by the pro's and they had done a few more areas of filling.


The primer was mixed up and I was given a bit of tuition and got started on the areas where I had filled.
I went over these areas twice.
Once these areas had dried a little I started going over the whole car.
Some of the areas were a little difficult to get at.
Getting the overlap right is the most important thing.
I put on two coats and I'm sorry to say lots and lots of runs.
These two coats are just the first application.
Not a bad job if you don't look at the runs.
Early start tomorrow, I shall apply the guide coat and this should show up all of the bits I have missed of which I have been guaranteed will be many, then its lots of rubbing down before applying the next coat.
Anthony the boss say's that two coats will be enough as he bought in the best quality primer for me, fingers crossed.

See ya paul

No comments:

Post a Comment