Tuesday 28 May 2013

Painting

Hi
Home again and its been car car car, not just the Panther but the Audi to. 
Lynne could not get on with the Audi, in fact she never drove it since it was bought, apart from around a car park where she decided it wasn't for her. So while I was away using the internet and the ships phone I managed to provisionally sell the Audi and buy a new car, hopefully one Lynne will like and drive.
We drove down to Northallerton in North Yorkshire to have a look at it and after a test drive decided to buy it.
It's a Merc SLK 200 Kompressor with only 19000 miles on the clock and packed with options and lovely grey nappa leather.

When I got back it was straight down to the paint shop and as I expected all of the parts were finished, safely wrapped in brown paper and in the loft, I unwrapped one of the rear wings and the red looks fantastic.
It's all arranged for the flatbed to arrive tomorrow at 10 so I shall fit a seat and see if I can drive it on.
Just as I asked a lot of photos where taken.
Mick polishing up the primer
Guide coat on the bonnet



Using the new £600 gun for laying down the lacquer.


The pearlescent finish looks great and I can't wait to see them all unwrapped, very pleased so far. 
So big day tomorrow can't wait.

see ya Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment