Tuesday 14 August 2012

Engine Fiting

Hi
Home again and back to work on the car.

The last week has been spent at Survivex in Aberdeen playing in the pool and survival craft then being half drowned escaping from an upturned helicopter; great fun.
We managed to escape for the weekend to a nice cottage on Windermere in the Lakedistrict and now back home and getting stuck in.

Today was engine fitting and a bit of deja vu as it was a repeat of the fit from a couple of month ago so I won't go too in depth on it, this time I had a bit of help from my Brother in law which made the whole operation a little easier and a whole lot safer.

First job was to erect the hoist and get the engine lifted.
This was placed on the workbench where the flywheel, clutch, gearbox and starter motor was refitted.
I then lowered the whole assembly onto the trolley and positioned the crane for lifting the front of the car then rolled the engine under and into position for a straight lift up.
Quite a straight forward job, I just had to ensure that the gearbox was raised slightly higher than the engine to prevent the oil from draining out the back end.
Once in the correct position the engine mounts were fitted and the gearbox mount bolted into positioned and that was the engine fitted, still it took around 3 hours to get it all in.

Next came the drive shaft, exhaust and clutch cable followed by some of the hoses which is were I called it a day.
Tomorrow I shall fit the carb and get the fuel system fitted also the wiring then if I can get the nerve up, a try at starting which if I am honest has got me a little terrified.

So thats all for the first day.

see ya Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment